Saturday, August 17, 2013

Results

It has been a week since my show in Yellow Springs last week. I don't know where that week went but I won't get it back. Painting and patching are in full swing in the house and I have worked to exhaustion several days this week. The flooring is coming in a couple of weeks and the pressure is on.. Of course, there is a new job at every turn. New kitchen light, new patio door, We're painting anyway so we might as well. , right? And so it goes.

Peter Pugger did a brain transplant for the pug mill at no cost to me. They were great to work with and understand that when a potter coughs up $ 3 or 4k for a machine they need to stand behind it. I'll hook it up later this weekend and let you know the final result.

The show. It was a beautiful day in Greene county. I had some time to enjoy the weather. The crowd seemed to be off from last year and sales were only fair. It wasn't a bad day but I was off about $300 from last year. I had a lovely lady and her husband come over from Richmond Ind. They took a couple of nice pots home with them. God bless the social media. I also had a prior buyer who had seen my Pi plate on Facebook drive up from Ky to buy it and request some more. Another woman couldn't decide between two oval bakers so she bought both. It's nice to be appreciated but overall I think my tickets were bigger but fewer. Sales were 30% cash, 10% check, and 60% square.
That's it for now. Gotta get some work done. My brother and I are going to see Ralph, excuse me, Dr. Ralph Stanley later on today. It's not often you see a living legend. Reminds me of the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival in '06 when I saw Ramblin' Jack Elliot and Hazel Dickens back to back.



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work. In reading your info on "why Whistle Creek?" I realized your ancestors and mine lived not far apart. Mine migrated after Civil War to Tx from Greenville, Tn. Everytime I visit there to do geneology, I wonder why the hell they left. Beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Debbie. Tennessee was a rough place after the war.East Tennessee, where my ancestors lived had pretty much sided with the Union even after succession. Middle and West Tennessee were strongly behind the Confederacy. There was a lot of fighting between groups of irregulars that continued for a long time.Seems like if you burn someones barn and steal their horses they tend to hold a grudge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently, my family split on the issue of the war. One brother went north and became a Yankee general. All the other brothers (5 or 6 of them) fought for the South. You have to wonder what family dinners were like after that... I daresay grudges were held for a long, long time. My granddaddy (whose granddaddy fought for the South in that family) said that he didn't know "goddamn" and "Yankee" were two separate words until he was 14 years old. Interesting planet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the show was enough to keep you coming back for more :-)
    I got my Ralph CD in my car, can't find much better than Mr Stanley!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.