Sunday, August 4, 2013

Counting Down

I'm counting down the days until next Saturday when I head to Yellow Springs ,Ohio for "ART ON THE LAWN". This has been a very good show for me in the past so my hopes are high.I'm expecting the same corner booth I've had for the last couple of years.I have pretty good exposure and I can drive right up to my spot to load and unload. I also am near a small tree that gives a little shade and a small "side yard" if I want to sit outside my booth. The3 pots are mostly ready, I have some refires I am going to try to get done but they are not critical. Yellow Springs is the most open and liberal town in southwest Ohio and the show reflects this. It is very relaxed. The show is organized by artists for artists and no one jerks your chain just because they can. Performers from town busqe in the aisles. Dare I take a guitar or maybe a harmonica ? Would it help or hurt? Most shows I do would never accept this but this one is very different. Chime in with your opinion.



7 comments:

  1. Well, heck yeah take some instruments! At least if the show is slow(God forbid) you can entertain yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, take the instruments. You always have the choice of not playing, rather than kicking yourself for leaving them home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What time is the show? Would love to get there but I work until noon and Jen volunteers until about 1:00.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are open 'til 5. Hope to see you. If not, I'll be in Loveland Sept. 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take them. If you don't and it's a quiet show, you'll regret not having them. The universe has a warped sense of humor at times and maybe if you take them, you'll be too busy to use them. Wouldn't that be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes take your instruments! When we were doing shows nationally, my husband Paul always took his guitar. Columbus Ohio had a huge jam at the Christmas show. That sounds like a great show! If you happen to meet a guy named Justin Theilet (potter)say hi from his friends in Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, small world dept. I have met Justin a few times and last year at this show my booth backed up to his son's (Jason??) jewelry booth. If I see him I'll tell him. He does some stunning work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.