Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Proposal.

 
Earlier today I made a comment on the blog of a well known Canadian Potter. His reply was ,"Dennis we just gotta meet up sometime. Texan music, fishing, motorcycles and pottery. Now tell me ya like bourbon and I'll ask ya to marry me" Well I do like bourbon and BACON. So I guess I have a decision to make.There are pros and cons to every opportunity. First of all each of us is already married. We couldn't just ditch the wives after all these years. I don't know about Canada, but plural marriage is illegal in at least 49 of 50 U.S. states. There is also the issue that as far as I can tell neither of us is gay or has any interest in switching teams. On the other hand, the guy does look pretty good in a hat and he can make some serious pottery! Decisions, Decisions. He might just be after a U.S. Green Card. On the other hand, I might be able to get Canadian health insurance. He could be tired of Ontario winters and be yearning for some time in Ohio where the temps are a balmy 20 degrees but does he know that's Fahrenheit  not Celsius ? I wouldn't mind some Ontario fishing if we could work it in between black fly / mosquito season and ice up. But what if it rains that day? These things might be manageable but there may be an insurmountable ( I spelled that right on the first try) issue. I don't know about Tony but I fought in the War of 1812. The Canadians think they won! I am just not sure I could put that behind me but at my age I'm not going to get many more offers. It's always something.

4 comments:

  1. I think you could swing this. Just don't forget to open your tackle box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be a nice opportunity for some "BI"-lateral cultural exchange! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to keep an open mind, different strokes and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dennis: We could always drink each other pretty! Naw, I don't think we could stay up to drink that much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.