Sunday, February 16, 2014

Back to North Carolina



Ok, I'm leaving the music behind today ( I sense a silent consensus on this ). Back to my Seagrove tour of last week. After leaving Whynot, we continued south on 705, or the pottery highway as they like to call it. A little ways down the road, we found Jeff Brown and Michele Hastings. Their distinctive big blue mailbox was in front of their log cabin studio. It was hit by a snowplow a few days later . Third time. It's always something. If you go to http://meeshspottery.blogspot.com you can see how it used to look and see a lot more of their pots. Go ahead, I'll be here when you get back.There, weren't those nicer pictures than I could snap on the fly? OK you caught me, We were having so much fun talking that I didn't take a lot of pictures. You'll find the same problem when you visit them. Anyway both Jeff and Michele are very talented with the balance seeming to tip slightly in Jeff's direction for throwing and a little bit Michele's way for decorating and finishing.Their carved bowls and mugs are very popular and Michele's signature piggy banks are wonderful. She manages so much charm and expression from two ears, two holes and a cork that it is hard to believe. The copper shino glaze makes me drool and I love what they do with textures and a cobalt blue. After buying mugs and the cutest piggy ever, we got some advice to head south to Westmore for lunch as the pickin's are pretty slim in Seagrove proper. It was a good choice and we were well satisfied my the time we headed back to the North Carolina Pottery Center for a private tour!You'll have to come back in a couple of days for that but it will be worth your visit. See you soon.

Cutest Piggy Ever  !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.