Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Spam

This post is mainly for the other Bloggers out there. Just a quick update on the spam issue.Since I tightened up the comment controls I have not had one spam comment show up. I hope it has not been too hard to comment 'cause you know I love comments and conversations. When I check my traffic sources the old spammers are gone. When I find an odd URL on my traffic sources, I go to Tools-blogger help-report abuse and turn them in. They don't show up again. The more of us who do this, the less of a problem we will all have. Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

  1. I think I mentioned I rarely get spam but have never reported anyone, didn't know I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda. I didn't know I could report it til I started doing a little research a couple of weeks ago.No one is getting through now but as soon as they knock at my door I'm turning them in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had one bout of anonymous spam. Once I changed my settings the problem stopped. If I have any problems in the future they will be taken care of post haste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know, thanks. I changed my settings to use google + which totally cut out spam but my comments are down a lot so I've been looking for a better option.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.