Thursday, January 21, 2010

New Pots


I thought some of you might like to see the new pots that came out of the kilns last week. The pitcher is part of the group for our daughter's wedding and the tea pot may just live with us for a while.The mugs are in the style of 1950's Swedish potter Hubert Jass. He was known for his oversize vessels and at 32 to 40 ounces these are definitely some Hugh Jass mugs.If you drink one full of beer in the evening, you may need one full of coffee the next morning.

I had a great time attending a Japanese Tea Ceremony with friends from the Clay Alliance Saturday night. Yunomi, I still don't know which chawan is which but I am trying to make a few anyway. I should be able to post some greenware pictures next time.

If you are in the area, stop out at Maplecreek this weekend and say hello.I will have lots of new mugs and soup bowls and some very nice cookie jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.