Friday, August 24, 2012

$2 Slide

As promised, I have been trying to teach myself to play the $2 guitar that I picked up at the yard sale a few weeks ago. For the detail oriented, it is set up in open D tuning to play with a metal slide.

 I like songs that have some history to them and record the lives of the hard working men, women, children, mules and dogs that helped build this country.. This song tells the story of an accident that happened in 1903.I have prefaced the song with some of the details of the incident. The song was first recorded in 1924 and is widely accepted as the first commercial recording of country music. Just remember, it's hard to sing and play at the same time when you really can't do either.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.