Sunday, June 7, 2015

First Saturday In June

Every first Saturday in June it's time for the Augusta Ky. art guild to put on their annual show. It sits along the banks of the Ohio River, there is a ferry across the river, and the street is lined with big old houses with beautiful gardens. It is one of the most scenic shows I know of. I did the show for several years but it was a lot of effort. It is a long drive so I had to leave home before 5:30 AM and didn't get home til after 8 PM. Some years I did OK, some years I didn't but I did make friends with some of the other vendors so I still like to drive down and visit. Art shows are so much nicer when you can leave home at 10 , not set up and knock down a booth, and come home when you want to !










Rob Weigartner selling some jewelry



My friend Toby ( left) acting like her sister is buying something

Quickest way to get to Ohio

The whole street is pretty much like this.


Lots of music

Trish McLennan ( in apron) does nice image transfer decorated pottery.
 She had a crowd every time I passed her booth.

I remember this guy's last name was Denham.
I think he had a booth just for busking
He was doing some nice old tunes.
 

3 comments:

  1. what a beautiful spot for a fair and nice weather too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out, Dennis. This is always my favorite show, because there are no bad spots, Everyone is level, and everyone has shade. The crowds came this year and for the most part were in a buying mood! It is always easier on the back! Did Trish show you her portraits. I asked her to publish on FB but she refused! Toby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charming town! Sometimes it's great to be on the other side of the table.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.