Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Packing It In

 Last week I shipped some canisters to St. Louis. Monday they sent me a note that they had a safe trip and are happy and well loved in their new home. They even included a picture of them in situ. It was so nice of the buyer to take time to write and let me know everything was ok. I don't like to sell sight unseen and ship stuff but the buyer made this one very easy. Here is a shot of them before they left.

Other than that, I have been getting tax stuff together and trying to get more organized. I have been told that my big show in May wants us off the street by 6:30. I made it last year but it was close. I'm trying to make box dividers that will allow me to just drop mugs in place without wrapping each one. Once I made templates, cutting them out went really fast. I used scrap plywood and Masonite since it was cheap sturdy and handy.  It does put fewer in a box but I hope it will speed things up by 10 or 15 minutes since I will probably bring several boxes. A similar plan should help with cereal bowls. The picture shows some bubble wrap that is stuffed in the slot and just folded over some of the mugs. I will probably trim that down so I can just leave it in place. Note the blue mugs are not that intense in real life, more like the canisters. My plates go 8 to a laundry soap bucket on edge with a piece of foam in between. They load just like plopping them in a file cabinet. Big bowls nest, Baking dishes have slots in a big Rubbermaid tub. Any other ideas out there to streamline things?


5 comments:

  1. Packing and unpacking for shows is such a chore for me too... add in a deadline and it just gets worse. I did like you and made dividers for mugs and mug sized pots. Not as fancy as yours, I used cardboard. I made a template and used a paper cutter to create them. We also have some sturdy Royal Crown whiskey boxes with dividers. Spoon jars and canisters fit in them nicely. I like to stock up on them from the liquor store in NH, I can't seem to find them in NC... probably because moonshine is the preferred drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been debating separators as well. The work now would sure make the work later so much more efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great packing plan! Anything to make a show easier to set up and take down, thats always the hardest part. If only we could wiggle our noses and poof, instant display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tracey I think you are on to something.I always say that doing a show is just a day in the park. A day with a lot of hard labor at both ends.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.