Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Short Report


The barn is coming along with a few snags. The lot was not as level as it was supposed to be so we had to build up the back and sides with extra 2x8's at the bottom and fill with much more gravel than anticipated. At this point I am probably $1000 over budget but that's not too bad. I was also disappointed to find out that the builders did not order enough siding and more will not arrive until the end of the week.All this beautiful dry weather is going to waste.All I can do right now is order more gravel and hope things go smooth next week.

Last Sunday was Empty Bowls at the Baker Hunt in Covington.I had donated a dozen bowls and several large boxes of seconds. After I worked my shift on the Early Set Up crew it was great to see the hundreds of people that turned out for the event.The "seconds" were a big hit and mine were flying off the tables. It is a wonderful feeling to see people walking around hugging your pots.The event was a big success and many hands made for light work and a good time for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are the currency of the Blogosphere. Remember to tip your waiter.